Home Value Explorer®
Immediate Results from an Industry Standard
Home Value Explorer® (HVE) is the proprietary valuation tool developed and used internally by Freddie Mac. Based on over 15 years of model development and data expertise, HVE provides instant access to accurate value estimates for:
- Lenders and Underwriters
Improve Your Collateral Valuation Process
Add efficiency to all aspects of the loan process, including origination, appraisal QC, servicing, loss mitigation, portfolio valuation, and more.
- Combines data from Freddie Mac's national repository of real property information and property data obtained from public records
- Provides coverage for 3,000 counties in all 50 states and the District of Columbia
- Utilizes results from both repeat sales and the Hedonic model logic to derive a current estimate of market value to deliver the "best" estimate
Key Features from an Industry-Leading Resource
- Confidence Scores for valuations help determine appropriate next steps by indicating the difficulty of estimating a value when the target price is not known in advance.
- Forecast Standard Deviation (FSD) is a statistically derived value that tells you the probability of an actual market value falling within a certain percentage range.
- Freddie Mac's Combining Process blends multiple model estimates using a unique proprietary algorithm.
- Ongoing quality control measures include testing the models based on recent property transactions.
- Various input/output media are available for one-up (Internet) and batch applications.
- XML-formatted data seamlessly integrates data into your internal systems in real time.