Order Using Byte
Step-by-step instructions for ordering a credit report via Byte
How to Order a Credit Report using Byte
*Please note, screens may be different based on the version of software used
1. Open Byte Application. Create a new loan or search for an existing loan application.
- Borrower Information: First, Last and SSN
- Present Address Information: Addr, City, St, Zip
2. Click Interfaces, Credit, Choose DataQuick Lending Solutions as the credit provider
(If DataQuick is not shown in the provider list, see “How to Add a Credit Provider in Byte”)
3. Verify the following information:
Should show the credit agency you would like to order the credit report through
Defaults based on information entered into the loan application
Request Type: Submit
Alternate options for Request Type
- Reissue - Reissues a previously acquired merge credit report using the existing credit reference number
- Submit - Pulls a new report for the current Borrower(s) on this loan application from DataQuick
- Update - Retrieves the merge credit report including any requested updates/supplements which have been completed
- Upgrade - Upgrades the existing merge credit report to include selected repositories not requested in the original request or upgrades the existing merge credit report to a full Residential Mortgage Credit report (RMCR)
Report Type: Merge
Choose all credit repositories you would like to be included on the request
Click this link to ensure your username and password are correct.
User ID and Password should be the same user id and password used to log into www.dataquickcredit.com
Click OK to return to the previous screen
Click Submit to initiate the credit report order
4. Once you click Submit, the credit report pulls. When completed, a pop-up similar to below will show:
5. Click OK to close the report download pop-up, then click View to open the credit report.
You may print or close the Credit Report. To navigate back to the credit report at any time, Open the loan, click Docs, you will see the credit report(s) associated with the loan.
DataQuick Customer Service - 1-800-362-7255
Byte Tech Support - 1-800-777-1718, Byte Account number is required.
The following How-To Guides may be helpful:
- Adding a Credit Vendor in Byte
- A Guide to Reading the Residential Mortgage Credit Report
- Upgrading a Credit Report in Byte
- Adding a Co-Borrower in Byte
- Removing a Borrower in Byte
- Retrieving a File from the Website into Byte
- Submitting to LP through Byte
- Ordering an Update through Byte
Click here to check out our other available online training guides.